History

dearn-pump.jpg

 

Goldenfields Water County Council was proclaimed under the NSW Local Government Act on 24 April 1997, and, from 1 July 1997, became responsible for water supply functions within the local government areas of Bland, Coolamon, Harden (now part of Hilltops), Junee, Temora, Young (now part of Hilltops) and part of Cootamundra (now part of Cootamundra-Gundagai) and Narrandera.

These functions were previously carried out by Northern Riverina County Council (NRCC) Electricity and Water and the South West Tablelands Water Supply.

The Original South West Tablelands Water Supply Scheme was constructed by the Public Works  between 1929 and 1936.

The NSW Government announced mergers on 12 May 2016 resulting in Harden, Boorowa and Young being merged to form Hilltops Council, and Cootamundra and Gundagai to form Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council.

As a result of this Goldenfields Water County Councils constituent councils now consist of seven local government areas - Bland, Coolamon, Cootamundra-Gundagai, Hilltops, Junee, Temora, and Narrandera.