Oura High Voltage Upgrade
Goldenfields Water have engaged Gongues Construction to perform the civil works at the Oura Water Treatment Facility to allow for the renewal and upgrade of the High Voltage Assets.
Above: The existing Oura Treatment Plant
The works for this project will include:
- construction of a new switch room building
- installation of new communications tower
- new 750mm ductile iron pipeline for connection to future reservoirs
- installation of all new pits and conduits for the electrical cabling
Goldenfields Water staff will then be installing the newly purchased high voltage assets with the assistance of Schneider, Safegroup and JRC Electrical.
The upgrade commenced in April with civil construction work expected to be completed by October 2021.
Once the civil works are complete, Goldenfields Water will then manage the installation of the new high voltage and low voltage equipment which is expected to be completed by late February 2022.
The high voltage upgrade will result in:
- improved reliability of water supply
- provide Goldenfields Water the ability to continue pumping water even is there is no Essential Energy Supply (installation of Generator Connection Points)
- provisions for future water treatment operations to meet the future needs of the growing communities
The civil works at Oura has now reached 50% completion. This consists of:
- Installation of pits and conduits
- Completion of building structural works
- Completion of approximately 30% of the brick work
- Pouting of the transformer pads
- Pouring of the generator pads
- Pouring of paths and;
- Installation of concrete pier for communications tower
Above: the slab being poured for the main building, early June.
Above: Framework taking place
Above: New switch room building
For more information on this project, call the Goldenfields Water office on 6977 3200 between 9am and 430pm, Monday to Friday.