Rosehill to Harden Pipeline Replacement
Goldenfields Water have engaged contractors TCM Civil Pty Ltd to replace approximately 11 kilometres of ageing pipeline between Rosehill and Harden. The project will be completed in two sections:
- Jugiong Road - consists of 7.3km of 500mm ductile iron cement line main pipeline
- Harden Balance Tank - consist of 3.72km of 450mm ductile iron cement line main pipeline
The original 375mm mild steel pipeline was constructed in the 1930's.
Above: Contractors replacing main pipeline on the Jugiong Road section.
The project commenced in early February 2021 with the Jugiong Road section. Works are progressing on track for this section of the project and are expected to be completed in July 2021. Following this, construction on the Harden Balance Tank will commence and the estimated completion date is February 2022.
Above: map of the Rosehill project highlighted in red.
The Rosehill Project is going to provide greater water security for the for the regions of Harden and Young. The renewal will:
- reduce service disruptions to customers caused from burst pipes
- increase efficiency and water supply
- reduce water loss from breakages
- a more efficient operation of the system and renewed assets
Above: Flyover of mains being laid near Jugiong Road, March 2021
Contractors are currently working on the Harden Balance Tank section, near Demondrille Creek. Once this section has been completed, they will return to the Jugiong Road section to complete the project.
Above: Contractors underboring at Burley Griffin Way near Demondrille Creek
For more details call 6977 3200 between 9am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.