Thanowring Road Mains Renewal
Due to ageing infrastructure, Goldenfields Water will be renewing approximately 40 kilometres of mains on the Thanowring Road.
The renewal will begin near the Thanowring Road Pump Station located at the Goldfields Way and Thanowring Road crossing through to Quades Lane, west of Ariah Park.
The renewal will include:
- 30 kilometres of 250mm PVC Main to Ariah Park Pump Station
- 10 kilometres of 200mm PVS Main from Ariah Park Pump Station to Quades Lane
- Detailed designs were completed in January 2021 by Kellogg Brown Root
- Construction will begin in the 2021/22 FY and carried out by Goldenfields Water
- Project to be completed by December 2023 dependent on landholder agreements and weather
The project will highly benefits rural customers, providing:
- higher water pressure
- ability to connect more rural customers
- decrease in supply interruptions
- replacement of ageing infrastructure
Goldenfields Water is still awaiting some landholder agreements and the tender for the supply of materials is still being finalised.
For more information on this project, call the Goldenfields Water office on 6977 3200 between 9am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.