Jugiong High Voltage Upgrade Project
Goldenfields Water have engaged Van Mal Group Constructions to perform the civil works design and construction at the Jugiong Water Treatment Facility, to allow the renewal and upgrade of the High Voltage Assets.
The works included for this project are:
- the construction of a new switch room building
- installation of new communications tower
- installation of all new pits and conduits for the electrical cabling
Goldenfields staff will then be installing the newly purchased high voltage assets with the assistance of Schneider, Safegroup and an electrical contractor (yet to be engaged).
Above: the site where the new High Voltage building has been constructed.
- Construction of the new high voltage building commenced in March 2022
- The civil works for the building was completed in December 2022
- GWCC Staff and Schneider have replaced the existing HV assets
- A tender to undertake the electrical installation works to facilitate this replacement is currently open, this tender will close late September 2023
- The commissioning of the new electrical assets is expected to occur mid 2024
Above: Construction of the high voltage building in September 2022.
Benefits of the project will include:
- Improved reliability of supply
- Provide GWCC the ability to continue pumping water even if there is no Essential Energy supply (installation of Generator Connection Points)
- Allow additional electrical supply capacity to cater for any future expansions and additional electrical loads
- The civil works for the HV building has been completed
- GWCC and Schneider have installed the electrical equipment
- GWCC have released a tender for the electrical installation works, this tender will close Tuesday 19th September 2023
Above: the completed HV building in April 2023.
Above: L - R GWCC Chairperson Matthew Stadtmiller, GWCC Deputy Chair Bob Callow, GWCC General Manger Aaron Drenovski and GWCC Production and Services Manager Geoff Veneris inside the new HV building in June 2023.
For more information on this project, call the Goldenfields Water office on 6977 3200 between 9am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.