Oura Water Treatment Plant - Stage 2, Reservoir & Aerator Construction
Goldenfields Water have engaged Quay Civil Pty Ltd to undertake the detailed design and construction of new water infrastructure at the Oura Water Treatment Plant.
The design and construction of the reservoirs and aerators forms Stage 2 of the Oura Water Treatment Plant Upgrade.
Works for Stage 2 will include:
- the finalisation of the preliminary designs for the construction of the proposed multi tray aeration unit and structural tower
- transfer pipeline
- two reservoirs (4ML each)
- associated civil and electrical infrastructure along with instrumentation for the operation and monitoring of the system
Above: an original reservoir at the Oura Water Treatment Plant site
- Site mobilisation was completed mid September 2023
- Excavation works are underway and the removal of unsuitable materials on site
- Works on the site's entrance gate and temporary access road are underway
Stage 2 is expected to be completed by the end of 2024.
Above: aerial view of excavation works, preparing for the new reservoirs.
Above: GWCC Chairperson Matt Stadtmiller, General Manager Aaron Drenovski, Production and Services Manager Geoff Veneris alongside Quay Civil Pty Ltd representatives on site early October 2023.
- Increased water storage capacity for growth in towns supplied from our Oura Scheme
- Reduced potential for disruption to supply when maintenance works are carried out on reservoirs
- Increased treatment time to improve water quality
Above: sketch design of the reservoirs that will be constructed.
For more information on this project, call the Goldenfields Water office on 6977 3200 between 9am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.