Thanowring Road Mains Renewal
Due to ageing infrastructure, Goldenfields Water will be renewing approximately 40 kilometres of mains on the Thanowring Road.
The renewal will begin near the Thanowring Road Pump Station located at the Goldfields Way and Thanowring Road crossing through to Quades Lane, west of Ariah Park.
The renewal will include:
- 30 kilometres of 250mm PVC Main to Ariah Park Pump Station
- 10 kilometres of 200mm PVS Main from Ariah Park Pump Station to Quades Lane
- Detailed designs were completed in January 2021 by Kellogg Brown Root
- Construction will begin in the 2021/22 FY and carried out by Goldenfields Water
- Project to be completed by December 2024 dependent on weather
The project will highly benefits rural customers, providing:
- higher water pressure
- ability to connect more rural customers
- decrease in supply interruptions
- replacement of ageing infrastructure
That start of November 2021 saw the commencement of groundworks at the Thanowring Road Pump Station with GWCC staff undertaking the task of excavating and installing new valves and pipework.
Above: A GWCC staff member installing the first new valve at Thanowring Road Pump Station.
Above: New trenches being dug for pipework.
Above: GWCC Construction & Support team laying the new pipeline in January 2022.
For more information on this project, call the Goldenfields Water office on 6977 3200 between 9am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.