Effective immediately, level 5 emergency supply water restrictions for
Published on 22 November 2022
Goldenfields Water County Council advises that level 5 water restrictions are now in place for all customers located on the Daylight scheme. This is a result of the Lachlan River flooding and power supply interruptions to the bore field. Goldenfields Water is putting these restrictions in place as a preventative measure, as it is unknown how long it will take for staff to gain access to the site due to flood waters and correct any damage that may have occurred.
Goldenfields Water staff are working closely with the Carrathool Shire Council and will attempt to achieve access to the site as soon as possible.
Goldenfields Water are imposing an immediate Level 5 restriction of water supply activities for all customers located on the Daylight water scheme for preventative measures.
These restrictions apply to the townships and surrounding areas of:
All of the above towns and surrounding areas are under level 5 water restrictions until further notice.
Goldenfields Water wishes to apologise for any inconvenience and thank everyone for their patience during this period of restriction.
The following restrictions apply to all customers (residential, rural and commercial) within the Daylight Water Supply Scheme:
• Less than 100 L/per person/per day
• All Residential Watering hours banned
• Sprinkler and soaker hoses banned
• Use of hand held hoses or watering cans banned
• Filling of swimming pools and spas is prohibited
• Washing Motor Vehicles - only mirrors and windscreens
• All Rural and Commercial watering hours banned
• Any construction water use to be approved GWCC council
• Hygiene, Schools, Child Care centres and Trucks trigger hose or pressure cleaner for hygiene
• Stock/Crop Spraying/Bulk Water Consumers – GWCC advise volume
Under the Local Government Act 1993, the maximum penalty that may be applied for a breach of imposed water restrictions is $2,200 for corporations and $220 for individuals.
Notice is hereby given under Regulation 137 of the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005, which permits the use of water to be restricted if there is a shortage of supply.
This notice shall take effect immediately from 22 November 2022 and will remain in effect until varied by further notice.